The Garage Floor
Sign In

The Garage Floor

The Gearmageddon Forums... All the scuttlebut at your nubby little fingertips!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Build Your Vehicle, Grab Your Guns, And Hit The Arena... This is Gonna Hurt.............. And You're Gonna Like It!!!!!!
Latest topics
» GenCon 2011
Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:08 pm by BigGoat

» 2011 Worldwide Arena Series
Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:36 pm by BigGoat

» Promoting Gearmageddon
Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:28 am by BigGoat

» Gearmageddon Review and Goat Interview!
Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:01 pm by BigGoat

» Gearmageddon PRICE REDUCTION
Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:44 pm by BigGoat

» Gearmageddon Demo Board at The Battle Standard
Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:17 pm by DinoMan

» Gear Garage Pre-Orders up and running!!
Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:13 pm by BigGoat

» New Website Products
Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:35 pm by BigGoat

» Favorite Builds
Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 pm by BigGoat

November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Statistics
We have 10 registered users
The newest registered user is captain apathy

Our users have posted a total of 33 messages in 17 subjects

Share | 

2011 Worldwide Arena Series

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigGoat
Goat Staffer
Goat Staffer

PostSubject: 2011 Worldwide Arena Series   Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:21 pm

We wanted a way to take Gearmageddon to the next level and the Worldwide Arena Series is just the thing to do it! Players from all over the world can now play Gearmageddon and have their skills and prowess compared to other Gear Heads!

Store, clubs, and conventions can register as official Arenas and host matches of Gearmageddon to ensure maximum gear grinding excitement. Players can also independently report their games so even if you don’t have a nearby store or club, you can still get in on all of the excitement!

Each week during a season of the series, we’ll tabulate and post the results so everyone can see just how good you really are. This is your chance to put your money where your mouth is!

For more information check out the Arena Series page on the Gearmageddon website.

http://www.gearmageddon.com/?page_id=160
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gearmageddon.com
rotumn
Goat Staffer
Goat Staffer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Worldwide Arena Series   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:37 am

Ok, I'm registered and ready to burn rubber. I look forward to seeing the results of others around the world!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigGoat
Goat Staffer
Goat Staffer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Worldwide Arena Series   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:09 am

And I, for one, look forward to laying the smackdown on your garage, good sir!!!
Time for you to ride the pain train!!! Move over Terry Tate!!!
Back to top Go down
rotumn
Goat Staffer
Goat Staffer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Worldwide Arena Series   Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:28 am

So, BigGoat and I faced off this Thursday night for some rubber burning car crushing mayhem. The ring of fire became a challenge neither of us could resist and in truth probably caused the most damage to the highest quanitity of vehicles. The thing I forgot sometimes is that you can win a game of gear without even finishing off an opponents cars. The VP's from the ring of fire and EAPs make a huge difference in a game that ends at a set VP. BigGoat used the speed of his bikes and high target number to race around gathering VP's on the first turn. Where I just targeted the biggest, baddest truck he had on the course. If BigGoat had made a few more driver checks the victory would have been his for sure. My garage thanks BigGoat for the run and teaching us a new trick. Unfortunately, my drivers are set in their ways and we will still go for maximum carnage upon our opponents. Thanks again BigGoat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigGoat
Goat Staffer
Goat Staffer

PostSubject: I thought I had it locked!!!   Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:36 pm

I reeeaaalllly, reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyy thought I had it locked!

I had a simple plan: one heavy duty bristling with gun supported by two 'Wasp' cycles (the Wasp is one of the Showroom models in the core book). These 2 build points gave me a LOT of light weapons (LMGs, turret mounted MGs) and several 'hard-pounding, cracking' style weapons (more Mini Stingers than you can shake a stick at).

My heavy was called 'The Porcupine'. Four LMGs (two forward, two rear-facing), 2 turreted machine guns, 2 stingers to the front and 2 more to the back). I tossed on some titanium armor and a driving computer... get in, drive fast (well, as fast as a heavy can) and be a threat. Keep 'em occupado, as it were. I was then going to zip around with my 2 Wasps, work the flanks, and score some VP. This plan COULDN'T fail! NEVER!!

Well... enter dice and solid pounding by Josh's builds. I racked up three fast VP through the Ring of Fire and EAPs. Josh had none... things were going well. I laughed maniacally as the future seemed bright. Too bad I didn't by driving computers for my cycles... and too bad I didn't bother to pre-measure everything. DOH! Let's just say the biggest pin-cushions were spiky bits upon which my cycles came to rest. I guess I just prefer to kill my own minis so my opponents don't get the satisfaction of doing so on their own!! MWWOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Josh had a few builds that had weapons with medium punch. At first my bikes were unstoppable. He couldn't even attempt to hit 'em with target numbers at 14 (TGT + Consecutive Moves on bikes are ridiculous). Then Murphy's Law kicked in and Josh started hitting hard. We also had some explosive terrain on the table that was too tempting a target for Josh to resist. Let's just say that cycle drivers are REALLY vulnerable to massive fuel depot explosions, and leave it at that.

Despite the solid shellacking I got at the hands of Josh, it was a complete blast (pun not intended but I went with it anyway). Josh is always a gracious opponent and winner. Almost makes me wish he'd win again next time.... almost!

Jay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Worldwide Arena Series   

Back to top Go down

2011 Worldwide Arena Series
Page 1 of 1